Wednesday, May 7, 2014

Pompeii

"And the walls kept tumbling down (oh where do we begin?)
In the city that we love (the rubble or our sins?)
Great clouds roll over the hills (oh where do we begin?)
Bringing darkness from above (the rubble or our sins?)But if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
Nothing changed at all?
And if you close your eyes,
Does it almost feel like
You've been here before?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?
How am I gonna be an optimist about this?"
 Pompeii by Bastille

Today I was going over interview questions when I got a text from my best friend Trevor.

Trevor: Your brother knows we're getting together Friday. Can I invite him?

I sighed as I thought about the day that changed the relationships between my brother Cam and me, Trevor and me, and Ethan and me as well.

*FLASHBACK*

May 2012

"Too many clothes." Ethan said as he pulled at my white tank and shorts as we laid in bed, facing each other. He was complaining about my pajamas. It was the same as my workout attire, minus the underwear and bra. There was no point. Ethan couldn't spend the night often, but when he did, we made the most of it. I knew putting on underwear would only slow him down.

He slipped his hands under my tank and started caressing  my breasts. "I don't understand why you have to sleep with clothes on."

"I don't understand why you don't." I replied back, breathlessly.

"I normally do, but since there is zero chance of a kid running in in the middle of the night, I figured why bother." He answered, with a smile, while rolling my nipples between his fingers. I moaned, and pulled away slightly to remove my tank. He leaned in and sucked one nipple into his mouth while continuing to play with the other. As pleasure traveled all through my body, I looked down at him and grinned. "Happy?"

"Almost..." He replied. With speed and strength that surprised me, he turned us over, so that I was straddling him. I gasped as he pushed his pelvis up against me.

"If you weren't wearing those shorts..." he paused. I cried out as he held my hips down and thrust up hard against me, his erection grazing me roughly between my thighs. "I would be inside of you right now." he grunted, continuing to bounce me up and down against him.

"Ethan!" I panted, desperately trying to get my shorts out the way.

"No more clothes while you're in bed with me." He demanded, tugging my shorts in place.

"But... But what if there's a fire?" I whined. His face broke out in a smile.

"Fine. No pants or shorts"

"But-"

"Your shirts are big enough to keep everything important covered." He cut me off. He was guiding my hips into his, making our pelvises grind amazingly. I was ready to give in to every one of his demands when there was a pounding on my door.

"Go away" I yelled at Rocky as Ethan chuckled.

"You need to get out here now! Cam is at the door." She hissed.

Hearing that was like having a bucket of cold water dumped all over my body. I hopped up and got dressed, properly with underwear.

Ethan was getting dressed too.

"Please, just stay in here. I'm going to get rid of him and I'll be right back."

He reluctantly agreed and I hurried to the living room. I could tell by the look on my brother's face that he knew what I was up to and with whom.

"Cam-" I started.

He cut me off, shaking his head. "I couldn't believe it... No, I wouldn't believe it when I heard you were sleeping with him. But here I am, once again, seeing it with my own eyes."

"Cam, just listen to me."

"For what? What do you possibly have to say? That's not his truck out there? It was an accident?" He responded, darkly.

"No, I'm sorry." I said, pathetically.

"You're sorry? The first time it wasn't your fault, now you're sorry. I'm starting to think you have some serious issues that makes you think sleeping with inappropriate men is ok." He ranted.

He didn't realize the fatal mistake he made by making that statement. Fatal, because at the moment, the brother I loved and admired died. The fact that he would bring up that painful memory, the one I buried deep when I was 15 years old, let me know that I needed to get this stranger out of my home. 

Immediately.

"Get out." I said, calmly, looking him in the eye.

"What?"

"I said get out. You can't have anything left to say to me, so leave. You're not welcome here anymore." I said, detached.

He momentarily looked hurt, but he stood up straight and said, "Fine. I'll let you get back to your friend. Don't come to me when it ends bad." With that, he stormed out.


***Present***

I texted Trevor back a simple one word response.

Me: No

After a few moments, another text came through.

Trevor: Ok. Just know he wants to talk to you.


Me: I trust you will let him know I'm not ready for that.

He sent another text.

Trevor: Yep. Just like you can trust he's not going to wait very long.

I let the conversation end on that note.

4 comments:

Stephanie Marie said...

I really liked how you made the date bold. I was able to follow through the past memory and the present time. I am very excited to see where this blog is heading.

Janay333 said...

Glad to hear that helped

Unknown said...

Like it so far! Do you have a specific schedule?

Janay333 said...

I don't. Im thinking tuesdays, thursdays and Sundays. Im open to suggestions. Glad you're liking it so far :-)