Thursday, January 15, 2015

Just The Way You Are

***Hey everyone! Mini bonus post. This was actually the beginning of the next post, but I didn't want to keep y'all in suspense till Sunday.***



"Don't go changing, to try and please me
You never let me down before
Don't imagine you're too familiar
And I don't see you anymore
I would not leave you in times of trouble
We never could have come this far
I took the good times, I'll take the bad times
I'll take you just the way you are

Don't go trying some new fashion
Don't change the color of your hair
You always have my unspoken passion
Although I might not seem to care
I don't want clever conversation
I never want to work that hard
I just want someone that I can talk to
I want you just the way you are
I need to know that you will always be
The same old someone that I knew
Ah, what will it take till you believe in me?
The way that I believe in you?
I said I love you and that's forever
And this I promise from the heart
But I couldn't love you any better
I love you just the way you are
" Just The Way You Are by Billy Joel



I pushed away from Trevor.

"What the hell? Why did you call me that?" I said, sitting up on the bed. I pulled a sheet around my body.

"Lilypad? I always call you that." Trevor said, sitting up, looking confused.

"As a friend! Lilypad is childish and silly. Is that how you see me: still just a friend?" I leaped up from the bed, wearing the sheet like a towel wrapped around me.

"No-"

"Then why did you call me that?" I interrogated him.

"Because you're still my friend Lily." Trevor explained calmly.

"I thought I was your girlfriend-"

"You are." He said quickly.

"Then why won't you have sex with me?!?"

"I thought that was what you wanted until you pushed me away." Trevor said teasingly with a smile on his face.

"It's not funny!" I cried, before rushing into the bathroom. I slammed the door and sat on the toilet. I put my head in my hands, humiliated.

I knew how ridiculous I was being. I knew it, but at the same time, I couldn't stop myself. I was so embarrassed about throwing myself at him, confused about what he wanted, and worried I was blowing it. I took a deep breath and tried to gather my thoughts. While I tried to calm down, Trevor joined me in the bathroom.

He sat on the edge of the tub next to me. He ran his hand over my neck and into my hair.

"Talk to me Lilypad, er, I mean, darling." He said with a lopsided grin.

I snorted, which made him laugh.

"Stop making fun on me." I said, revealing my face and a small smile.

"Fine. Although, sometimes I don't know what else to do." Trevor admitted, honestly.

"I'm sorry. I've been freaking out about why we haven't had sex yet. I threw myself at you and it was so awkward and I was worried we would only work as friends. Then right when it felt perfect, you called me that nickname and I freaked out. I'm trying not to worry about every little thing but it's so hard..." I confessed.

"I worry too." Trevor said as I trailed off.

I raised my eyebrow. "Really?"

"Yeah. I spent so much time trying to not have feelings for you, then trying to be patient and wait for you, now I think about being with you all the time. At the same time, I don't want to rush things."

"What are you worried about?" I asked him, curiously.

"Being in a relationship with you. None of our previous relationships lasted very long."

"I know." I said, looking away.

"I just want to get everything right. I feel like if I make one mistake, you're gone. I guess that's why I'm in no rush to seal the deal." He shook his head at me.

My heart melted and I held his face in my hands. "Trevor, I'm all in. I promise, I'm not going anywhere. The only way I'll leave you is if we both try and decide it's not working."

He nodded. "I'm all in too Lily." He put his arms around me and held me close. "But trying doesn't mean being someone you're not."

I nodded. My attempt to play seductress backfired on me...

"Don't get me wrong, naked Lily is hot. Freaked out Lily... not so much." He said what I was thinking in my hair. It made me laugh.

 "Let me go get some clothes on then."

He stood up and pulled me up with him.

"No... I like the toga look. You should wear it to the graduation." He teased me.

"Shut up T-Rev!"

"What the hell? Don't call me that." He said, mocking me as we laid in bed.

"I hate you." I said, turning to face him with a smile on my face.

"I love you Lilypad." Trevor said, before kissing me. His kiss was firm but tender and filled with the promise of so much more. It left me breathless.

"I love you too T-Rev." I sighed, kissing him back.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Eeek! Love love love them together, I love how he talks to her and I love how they talk things through, they could really work if they keep that up. And I think they have great chemistry, being friends also is the best thing for a solid foundation of a relationship and you can tell they are hot for each other. Thanks so much for posting I don't think I could have waited , love your blog and writing style

Unknown said...

Oh I love them so much together!! I hope they keep talking through their rough patches and they work out!!! I can't wait to see what's to come up!!

I am so glad your back writing, I love your blog!! Keep up the amazing story!!!! :-)

Kristin said...

This resonates with me because my husband and I were friends all through college and didn't start dating until our last year. We didn't have as much trouble getting together as Lily and Trevor (she liked him and then he liked her and she wasn't ready etc etc). It just sort of happened that we were both single at the same time and had a summer school class together and it just sort of fell into place. It is strange in that things move so fast because you skip the whole getting to know them phase. It's good and bad at the same time because you always have that fear that if things don't work out, you can't go back to just friends.