Monday, February 16, 2015

Cupid's Chokehold

"She's got a smile that would make the most senile annoying old man bite his tongue (I'm not done)
She's got eyes comparable to sunrise
And it doesn't stop there (man I swear)
She's got porcelain skin of course she's a ten
And now she's even got her own song (But movin' on)
She's got the cutest laugh I ever heard
And we can be on the phone for three hours not sayin' one word
And I would still cherish every moment
And when I start to build my future she's the main component
Call it dumb, call it luck, call it love, or whatever you call it but
Everywhere I go I keep her picture in my wallet like here" Cupid's Chokehold by Gym Class Heroes feat. Patrick Stump

Trevor left Friday morning just like he said. Friday evening, I rushed home to get ready for the Bitter's Ball.

I had finished putting lotion all over my body after my shower when my phone rang. It was Jasmine, telling me she was outside. I threw on some basketball shorts and a tank over my undergarments and answered the door.

"Waiting on me to get ready?" Jasmine smiled at me as I let her in. She was holding her dress in her hands.

"Absolutely!" I said, leading her upstairs.

"Do you mind if we pick up Colton too?" Jasmine asked.

"Not at all. I'm designated driver tonight." I said as I took her to the second bedroom, letting her take a look around.

"Who are you bringing tonight?" Jasmine asked me as she examined the closet.

"My co-worker Kendal. He's pretty cute. Great body." I informed her, sitting on the bed.

"I'll be the judge of that." She said with a smile, walking into the bathroom.

"So? What do you think?" I asked when she came back into the room.

She grinned and sat on the bed with me. "I would be happier in this one room than any of the apartments I saw."

I laughed. "Great! We can move the furniture out if you want your own."

"No, the less I have to move the better." Jasmine said.

"Ok, we'll hammer out the details then you can move in as early as next weekend." I told her.

"Really? That soon?" Jasmine exclaimed.

"Yeah. It could be this week, but I want to deep clean in here first." I admitted.

"Thank you Lily! You don't even know how much you're helping me out." She said.

I leaned over and gave her a hug. "Hey, you're helping me too. I'm excited to have a roommate again!" I pulled away. "Even dressing up for a night out is so much more fun with someone else."

"I know. We need to get ready, especially if your co-worker is cute! I need first dibs." Jasmine said.

I laughed at her.

We went into my room and got ready together. I was still straightening my hair when Jasmine was done putting hot curlers in hers. Jasmine finished my hair for me, putting it in a half up half down style.

We did our makeup next. Since my dress was so colorful, I kept my makeup simple with a silver-green smoky eye, curled lashes and nude lips. Jasmine went with a more romantic look featuring rosy cheeks, pink lips and cat eye liner that I helped her apply.

Jasmine finished her hair while I put in silver hoop earrings. In less than 5 minutes, Jasmine had the curlers out and her hair flipped and sprayed with a holding spray. The end result was loose sexy curls.

"You have got to show me how you did that!" I demanded. "That looks amazing!"

"Thank you. I will if you show me how you did your lashes." She bargained.

"Mascara before and after curling. And when you curl, don't hold. Pump" I instructed her, strapping on my heels.

"What?" Jasmine said, putting on stilettos.

"Yes. I saw it in a tutorial." I nodded as we made our way down the stairs. I grabbed my phone from the charger. I saw I had a text from Trevor.

Trevor: I'll be back in the morning. Have fun tonight.

Me: You too... but not too much fun! Love you

I put my phone away.

"Ready Jasmine?"

"So ready."

We left and headed to Colton's apartment to pick him up. Colton was single and cute but one of Jake's close friend; therefore completely off-limits in Jasmine's eyes and the perfect date to accompany her to the Bitter's ball. He looked nice in dark jeans and a navy button down. He greeted me politely before hopping in the back seat.

Next, we picked up Kendal. He definitely did more than jeans and a shirt. He looked hot in black pants, a dress shirt unbuttoned enough to show off his built chest, and a gray blazer. I saw him pretty much every day at work and even I looked him over a couple of times. He looked that good.

"Switch seats with me Colton!" Jasmine was already unbuckling her seat belt and had the door open before Colton responded.

"Now!!!" She added when he didn't move.

I held back a laugh as they switched while Kendal approached the car.

Jasmine smiled at him as she scooted in the back seat. "He needed more leg room." She lied, offering him her hand. "I'm Jasmine"

"Kendal." He said, shaking her hand as he sat in the car. "You girls look gorgeous."

"Thank you. I love that blazer..." Jasmine cooed.

The rest of the drive to the lounge consisted of us playing the get to know you game. Or more like I officiated the game to keep Jasmine and Kendal chatting. Colton contributed every now and again.

When we got there, I spotted Ethan's car and parked next to it.

We got out and headed towards the door. When we walked in, Kendal stopped and pulled me aside.

"This might seem like a dumb question, but did you invite me to set me up with Jasmine?" He asked.

"Not specifically, but y'all are getting along right?" I smiled.

He gave me a weak smile. "Yeah, she's hot."

"And recently ended a relationship. Speaking of, are you and Heather dating?" I asked.

"No. Think I'm gonna follow your lead about dating people I work with." He answered.

"Oh no. What happened?"

"Nothing. She just got all clingy and crazy." He replied.

"Well, you don't have to worry about that with Jasmine..." I hinted.

He gave me a genuine smile. "Nice to know."

We walked in after that and joined everyone at the lower level of the lounge. It consisted of a huge bar, a few tables and couches, and the DJ booth while the upper section had tables for dining.

I found Taylor right away to thank her for inviting us. She looked pretty in a red fit and flare dress with a black lace overlay. She looked a little put out when I introduced Jasmine, but cheered up when I introduced her to the meat- er, guys- we brought.

Taylor led the guys to the bar for drinks while Jasmine and I went to greet Rocky. She was sitting at a table with Rachel, Serena and Ethan. I grinned happily when I saw Ethan and Serena engaged in a conversation.

"Hey guys! Happy Valentine's Day... A little early, but close enough." I greeted them with a wide smile.

Serena, Rachel and Rocky smiled and said hello and Ethan stood.

"I thought it was singles awareness day." Ethan corrected me.

"Only if you're single." I said, giving him a hug. He looked impeccable as usual, wearing slacks and a burgundy pullover sweater that was doing wonders for his upper body and skin tone.

"You look amazing." I said, honestly as I pulled back.

"Thank you. You look... healthy." He finished after a pause. I noticed his eyes flicker towards Rocky before looking at me.

I grinned. "Thanks, that's exactly what I was going for."

He moved over to allow me the seat next to Serena.

"Hey Lily! Let's go get a drink!" Rocky said, standing.

"Ok..." I barely got out as she pulled me away from Ethan.

"You need another right Rachel?" She asked.

"I do." Rachel stood up to join us. Jasmine followed.

"What was that?" I asked Rocky when she released my arm as we walked towards the bar.

"Nothing. Serena and Ethan were vibing." Rocky answered.

"I told you I'm fine with that. I fully support it! I wouldn't have sabotaged it." I exclaimed.

"I'm sure you are and you do, but you still would have sabotaged it." Rocky responded.

I was 2 seconds from asking her what she meant, but I got distracted by a statue of a dead cupid. An arrow was stuck through his body and he had X's over his eyes.

"Ohmigod, I need a picture! Take one of me so I can send it to Trevor." I asked, handing my phone to Rocky.

I made exaggerated poses next to the statute, including putting cupid in a chokehold.

"What did cupid do to you? " Forrest asked as he joined us. He gave Rachel a hug and a kiss on the cheek as he smiled at me.

"It's an anti-Valentine's party. No love! Those were the rules Forrest, including no significant others!" I pointed at him.

Rachel smiled. "Taylor made an exception cause we brought 4 single guys."

"Bullshit." I said as Forrest gave me a hug.

"Happy V-Day to you too." Forrest laughed. He hugged Jasmine and Rocky next. "You all look great."

"Thank you." We responded. Forrest looked great too. Freshly shaven, he looked handsome in khakis and a white polo.

"Are we gonna eat?" Forrest asked.

"We're supposed to mingle!" Rachel groaned.

"We're not single." Forrest argued.

"Speak for yourself. I'm hitting the bar." Jasmine said, waving goodbye to us.

"I'm with Forrest. We should eat." I replied.

"I can eat too." Rocky added.

"Fine." Rachel relented.

"Call Trevor and Brandon. They can join us." Forrest said as we headed to the hostess booth to get a table.

"Brandon's going out with friends. I'm meeting him later." Rocky told us.

"Trevor is in Austin." I said. Forrest nodded before asking for a table for 4.

"Really? Why?" Rocky asked, quickly.

"The website. He'll be back tomorrow."

During our wait to get a table, I texted Trevor the picture of me pretending to kill cupid with the caption:

 I warned him to stop fucking with me...

15 minutes later, the table was ready. On my way upstairs, my eyes met briefly with Ethan's. I gave him a smile and a thumbs up before following Forrest. As we sat down, Trevor texted me back.

Trevor: "You are a murderer of love!"

I giggled. Steve Carrell was hilarious in that movie.

Me: LOL. You know it!

I put my phone away and concentrated on ordering. We coordinated what we wanted to eat. Forrest shook his head when Rachel said a salad. We then decided to order appetizers and share. I order an extra one for Jordan or me if she didnt show up. I took my phone out to call her.

"Where are you?" I asked when she answered.

"The bar. You're so late." She laughed.

"No, we got a table upstairs if you wanna join us." I told her.

"Let me get Steven settled and I will." Jordan replied.

Jordan came up maybe 5 minutes later and pulled up a chair.

We ate our food and drank while chatting. Around 9 pm, we were done. We went downstairs and Rocky checked her phone.

"I wonder if Ethan is ready to go..." Rocky said.

I looked towards him. Ethan and Serena were looking at something on his phone together. They were huddled closely together. It might be just to look at the phone, but I took it as a good sign.

"Don't be a cock block. Let me see if my group is ready." I grinned.

Jasmine and Kendal were at the bar. Jasmine was sitting on a bar stool as Kendal danced to Jason Derulo's "Ridin' Solo" against her. She had her arms around his neck, smiling and dancing in her seat.

"Hey, do y'all want to move to the next spot?" I asked, feeling a little guilty about breaking up their little party.

Jasmine looked at Kendal hopefully. "A club?" Kendal asked, turning to look at me.

I looked at Rocky.

"Yeah, in Downtown Dallas." Rocky nodded.

"Let's go." Kendal said and Jasmine grinned.

I went to retrieve Colton. He exchanged numbers with Taylor. As he did, Jordan found Steven then we left. Rocky rode with Jordan, so there was plenty of room.

When we got to the club, the line to get in was massive. While we waited, Rocky called Brandon. When he said they were on the patio, we went to find them to see if it was worth waiting in line.

We found Brandon and he still wanted to chill at the club. I was shocked when Rocky was ready to head back in line. The Rocky I knew would have rolled her neck and gave him an evil look, forcing Brandon to leave. It looked like we would be waiting in line, until Kendal climbed over the little fence closing of the patio. I looked around, before taking off my shoes to do the same.

"C'mon bae." Brandon laughed at Rocky, motioning her to him so he could help her over. She quickly went over. I looked around before I tossed my heels over and did the same.

Colton went next and Kendal helped Jasmine over too. I was putting on my shoes but paused as I watched Kendal groped Jasmine as he helped her up. Jordan was the last one after Steven.

"C'mon on!" I waved at her.

"This is so wrong." She complained, loudly as Steven offered to help.

"Shut the fuck up or go wait in line!" I threatened her. Harsh, yeah, but my adrenalin was pumping from breaking the rules. She was killing it with feeling of guilt.

Everyone in hearing distance laughed while Jordan shot me a dirty look. We crept to the table Brandon had. Malik was standing up, applauding us.

"Nice. I'm never paying to get in here again." He laughed.

Brandon laughed too. "Be cool brother."

I greeted everyone with a smile, including Jake. Jasmine bypassed all of us, leading Kendal inside to the dance floor. Jake's eyes followed them before he nodded at me and went back to whatever conversation he was having with the girl standing beside him.

"Lily!" Kelly gushed, as she gave me a hug. She was already drunk.

"Hey beautiful! Having fun?" I asked, hugging her.

"Better if someone would dance with me." Kelly said, looking at Omar. He didn't acknowledge her. He did give me a little smile, which I returned.

We had barely found seats when a bouncer came outside. He started checking hands for stamps. Rocky and I looked at each other.

Oh fuck...

"I need to see stamps guys." He said, in a deep, authoritative voice.

"I told you guys." Jordan whined. I glared at her.

"Right here man." Jake said, holding out his hand. After the guy shined his little light on it, Jake shook the guy's hand. The bouncer shoved his hand into his pocket before heading off.

"That's it?" Jordan said, shocked.

Jake shrugged and Rocky sighed, relieved. "I need a drink. What do you want baby?" Rocky asked Brandon.

"Crown." Brandon replied.

"I'll come too." Jordan said. Rocky nodded and looked at me.

"I'm good. I'm driving." I replied.

After they left, I stood up and moved closer to Jake. He turned away from the girl and looked at me.

"How much did you pay that bouncer?" I asked.

"A little more than it would have cost y'all to get in." He replied.

I reached into my purse to pay him back.

"No. Keep it. Tell me about the guy that was pawing at my sister." Jake asked.

I smiled. "Who snitched? No way you could have seen that from here.

"Don't worry about that. Who is he?" He said, a small smile forming on his face.

"I think I'm gonna head to the bar." The girl Jake was talking to announced. When Jake just nodded, she left, looking me up and down as she left.

"You better go after her. She looked pissed that you started talking to me."

"Naw. She'll be more eager to win me back from you. Talk." He said.

"Kendal is a therapist like me. We're a good people. Compassionate, helping,-"

"Can't keep y'alls hands to
yourselves?" Jake interrupted with a full on smile.

"Whatever. It's a healing touch..." I supplied, when I heard Kelly burst out laughing. She was pointing at me and Jake.

"It's your song Lily." She cracked herself up. I struggled to hear the song over the chatter. I then heard the chorus to Chris Brown's "Loyal"

Jake looked annoyed, Omar looked so embarrassed and Kelly just laughed. I gave her a smile.

"You know me. Hoes ain't loyal." I joked.

Kelly laughed harder. "That's not true. Come dance with me! Prove no hard feelings." She begged, desperately.

I nodded and Jake turned to me.

"She's cut off from anymore alcohol." He said, quietly.

"I used to be a bartender. I would have cut her off 3 drinks ago." I said quickly before threading my arm through Kelly's.

We made a completely spectacle of ourselves.  Kelly was drunk and all over the place and I was just trying to keep up. A guy jokingly tried to dance on Kelly from behind, but she turned around, waving her wedding band in his face.

"I'm married!" She yelled at the poor guy.

"I'm gay!" He yelled back.

Kelly flushed a deep red. Hopefully that would sober her up...

I lightened the mood by holding my left hand in the air. "No ring here!" I declared, waving it around, Beyonce style, before twerking on him, Miley style. The guy laughed and we had a blast dancing with him for a few more songs.

Kelly still wanted to dance, but I begged her off, saying we should get some water. We returned to the table, water in hands and I took a well deserved break.

"Is it closing time yet?" I asked Rocky as she sat in Brandon's lap. "I'm exhausted. I'm so ready to go home."

"You probably need to before you twerk on more guys." Jordan responded.

"It was just a joke-" I started to explain the situation when Jordan cut me off.

"I don't think Trevor would find that funny." Jordan argued.

I shook my head and drank my water. I was just going to ignore her. How was she going to tell me about Trevor? The conversation was stupid.

"I just don't want you to make the same mistakes." She continued.

Really? She was going to say that with Jake standing right there? I put my drink down.

"The only mistake made was letting outside influences impact my relationships. So when I want or need your opinion, I'll ask. Don't hold your breath though." I informed her.

"Don't get defensive. I'm only trying to help." Jordan said, snootily.

"What Trevor and I have is between us. I don't need your help to define my relationship for me. For all you know, Trevor and I are in an open relationship and go swinging on the weekend. It still wouldn't be your concern unless I asked you to join us. Once again, don't hold your breath." I said, smiling back at her.

"Whatever. I'm going home to my boyfriend." She bristled.

"Bye! Happy Valentine's Day!" I said, cheerfully as she stood to leave. She ignored me and walked off.

"I don't remember you being so combative." Jake chuckled when she left.

"I learned the hard way what happens if you don't speak up about the things that are important to you." I commented.

Jake just nodded.

I left a little after Jordan and Steven. Jake offered to take Jasmine, Kendal and Colton home. I knew it was a ploy to keep tabs on Jasmine, but I was too tired to care.

On my way out, Omar stopped me.

"Thank you Lily. I'm sorry for-"

I stopped him. "No problem. We're cool. Happy Valentine's Day." I told him.

"You too."

I went home, pulled off my dress, put on a t-shirt and crashed in bed. My skin and hair were going to rebel against me in the morning, but I figured I'd have time to get them both in line.

In the middle of the night, I was awoken by a dip in my bed behind me. It was too big to be Justine and I stiffened. Right before I could react, familiar arms embraced me.

"It's me Lilypad. Relax." Trevor said, in a drowsy voice.

"Goddammit Trevor. Stop surprising me. One of these days I'm gonna accidentally attack you." I relaxed in his arms, my heartbeat returning to a normal pace as I rolled over to face him.

"Then you'll really be a murderer of love." He grinned.

I smiled. "Shut up Trevor!" I said, burrowing myself in his embrace.

"Happy Valentine's Day." He said, brushing his lips into mine.

"Happy Valentine's Day." I responded, kissing him back.



***Lily's and Trevor's Valentine's Day date will be next. I will also do a post of Corey and Sammy too sometime this week since I had a request for their relationship. Hope everyone had a great Valentine's Weekend!

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Loved it very fun. Glad lily is getting better with learning she can be friends without flirting and she can have a conversation with Jake without it being odd. I think rocky said she would get in the way of ethan because of her history of being flirty without knowing it

Anonymous said...

So glad to see Kendal didn't make a pass at Lily!

Chill Jordan!

Rocky what is going on with you?

Glad Lily and Jake were able to be civil!

Kels said...

What the heck was up with Jordan? I could understand her giving a reality check if Lily was drunk; but Lily was in complete sober control, so I don't see how her comment was necessary!? #Rude

I also am dying to know what has gotten into Rocky and Brandon's relationship!? I wonder if Brandon caught Rocky having an emotional affair or something with Bilal and now she is trying to get her relationship with Brandon back on track!?! Oh the possibilties!!

As always: #TEAMTREVOR4EVAAAAA....! He is the cutest. Can't wait to hear about their date!!

Anonymous said...

So excited about lily and trevors valentine's date I love them together

Anonymous said...

YES thats it. I was really thinking like... Since when does Brandon run the show!!? Lol but now it makes sense

Anonymous said...

Good job Lily on standing up for your relationship. What is going on with Jordan? I didn't know she liked Jake that much? Hahaha
Rocky is feeling so guilty she's acting ridiculous. I wonder if Brandon suspects anything?
Luita

akh88 said...

Will you do a post of Brandon and Rockys Valentine's Day? Something seems off about them recently.

Thanks!

Janay333 said...

I will do that. We're just going to make this Valentine's day week!

Will have Lily's, Sammy's and Rocky's POV of their dates and relationship statuses. Next week we will resume regular postings.