Friday, July 4, 2014

Made in the U.S.A

Made in the U.S.A- Demi Lovato

Happy Birthday America!!!

I'm in my room, putting the final touches on my make-up before I load up my car and head to the Carter's home in McKinney. Brandon and Rocky already left. I'm running behind. My brother and Jenna's visit at my new apartment went longer than I planned. Brandon and Rocky were gone before I got back from Addison.

My brother got us hotel rooms Thursday night at the Springhill Suites in Addison. It was walking distance from Addison Circle. Which was perfect considering THOUSANDS of people came to Kaboom Town to enjoy the festivities and fireworks show. Certain roads were blocked off, which made driving and parking impossible right before and after the event. Cam eliminated that problem by booking us the rooms. We met up right after I got off of work.

"Hey Bro!" I exclaimed. He had his back to me as I entered the lobby of the hotel.

"Hey sis." Cam greeted me when he turned around. I hugged him. "Jenna already went up to our room. She figured you'd want to get your hotel key and get dressed." Cam explained, handing my key card.

"Oh great, she's already in my head." I groaned, only partially kidding.

"Stop it. She won't do that without my say so..."

I grimaced.

"Just kidding. If it makes you feel better, she's twice as nervous to meet you." Cam smiled.

Really? Huh. Good to know.

"So we'll meet you back down here around 5:30. Trevor and Becca should be here around then."

Fan-fucking-tastic. He still hadn't responded to my text.

We drove to park closer to our rooms and he helped me with my bag. I already see families and groups walking across the parking lot towards Addison Circle. The room is amazing. It's a one bedroom suite with a mini kitchen and living room. I have no intentions of using either, but still very cool.

I showered and got dressed. I changed into a fitted white tank that had a image of the American flag on it. I paired it with cut off dark denim shorts. I didn't feel like doing my hair. I watched a tutorial on curling hair on YouTube in anticipation of how I wanted to do my hair for the BBQ at Ethan's parents' house. So I just left my hair pulled up in a messy bun. I throw on some sandals, sunglasses and a red lipstick and I'm ready to go by 5:15.

I decided to go ahead and wait in the lobby. I walked around the hotel and went into the lobby by the pool entrance. I noticed that Trevor had made it to the hotel. He's in the lobby, by the entrance, sunglasses on, talking to a very tall, brunette girl. Obviously not Becca. He has his phone out and it looks like he's getting her number. I'll say it again. ASSHOLE!

I wait till they finish their conversation before I approach him.

"That didn't look like Becca." I said, pushing my shades on top of my head. He leaves his shades on, leaving me at a disadvantage. His blue eyes normally reveal everything that he's thinking.

"Aren't you a smart one." He said, sarcastically.

"And aren't you a hypocrite getting another girl's number. Where is Becca anyway?"

"Late. Meeting us at Addison Circle. And helping someone with directions makes me a hypocrite?" Trevor said, with a little smile.

"Oh. Well, I don't know why you would offer to help. You couldn't even find your way to my new apartment." I said, crossing my arms.

"True. That's why I had my GPS out." Trevor grinned.

"Oh wow! You know how to use your phone?!? But you couldn't return my text?"

He laughed. "I'm so sorry Lily. I'm throwing myself at your mercy. Please forgive me."

"Maybe after you buy me a beer." I smiled.

And like that, we're cool again. We can never stay mad at each other. That's why I have no idea why he avoided me and the inevitability of us making up last week.

5 minutes later, Cam comes down with Jenna. I've seen pictures of her, but they really don't do her justice. She's a couple inches shorter than me and looks classy and chic in a linen white and blue stripped blouse with red shorts. She has big, light brown wild curly hair and a wide smile on her face. My brother is beaming when he introduces her to me. They make a cute couple.

"Lily, this is Jenna. Jenna, this is Lily."

I smiled politely, and Jenna immediately hugged me.

"It's so good to finally meet you." She exclaimed, hugging me tightly.

"You too." I said, hugging her back. After she pulled back, she latched onto my arm.

"I'm so glad you came. I can't wait to get to know you!" Jenna smiled at me.

I nodded, a little thrown off by her cheerfulness.

This was her nervous? She seemed totally comfortable getting to know me. Jenna asked me a ton of questions as we walked to Addison Circle. I don't know what would be worse: this or having to make small talk with her if she wasn't as talkative. I'm horrible with making conversation with strangers. So I'm grateful that she's directing our conversation. But at the same time, it's overwhelming.

Cam and Trevor picked up on my discomfort. Trevor just grinned at me. Cam put his arm around Jenna. "Why don't we take a break with the questions babe."

Jenna sent me an apologetic look. "Sorry. I tend to talk a lot when I'm nervous."

I smiled, reassuring. "Don't be nervous. I should be thanking you for putting up with Cam. I'm still confused to how he got you to date him."

She laughed. "He was persistent. Technically, he wasn't my patient anymore. But it's my general rule. Not to date participants of my class."

"Especially not drop outs." Trevor joked.

"No. Not graduates either. Most of them are still on some type of probation." She laughed. "But, he told me if I went to dinner with him one time, he would stop pestering me. So I did. I'm so glad I did." She smiled up at Cam. He bent down to give her a kiss on the forehead.

I smiled at them. "Sure he didn't slip you something?." I responded. Cam just chuckled.

Trevor elbowed me.

I nudged him back.

Since Becca was joining us, we decided to stay close to the main stage and food vendors so she could find us easily. We went ahead and ordered food.

Jenna goes for street Italian food with a chicken and cheese panini and cannoli chips. I go for Cuban food with a deep fried cuban rolls and plantain chips. One of Cam's favorite restaurant is Texas de Brazil, so I'm not surprised he gets their plate that has Brazilian sausage, sirloin, and chicken with bacon. And Trevor goes for bbq with a turkey leg.

We find an empty table, close enough to hear the music from 36th Infantry Division Band. Me and Jenna hold down the seats while Cam and Trevor go get us drinks. I told Trevor I would forgive him if he got me a beer. He does better and brings me a huge margarita. Even if I was still mad at him, I would have forgiven him on the spot.

We were eating and talking and having fun when Trevor got a call from Becca. He answered it and explained where we are. I swear, not even 2 minutes later, she is calling back. After trying to explain it to her again, Trevor gets up to go find her.

"So I guess she follows directions as well as she follows TV shows?" I called to him before he left.

"Be nice. Or I'm going to tell her you have permanent PMS." Trevor smiled at me, before jogging off.

"Don't think much of his girlfriend?" Jenna asked me.

"She's not his girlfriend. But I generally try not to think of them at all until they've been around for at least 2 months." I responded.

Cam shook his head at that. 10 minutes later, Trevor and Becca return. She's carrying a plate of nachos and a water bottle. Trevor has a cup of fruit and funnel cake fries. After they sit down, he gives the fruit to Becca and offered to share his fries with me. I shook my head no.

"Are you worried about gaining weight?" Trevor asked me, bluntly.

I looked at him in surprise. "No... Why? Should I be???"

"No. I just noticed, you haven't been eating any sweets. Just curious."

Cam gave me a concerned look.

"Not everyone has a sweet tooth like you Trevor. It's supposed to be a sometimes food. Not every day." Jenna commented.

Becca giggled. "I know. He eats whatever he wants and doesn't even worry about it. You're welcomed to my fruit." Becca offered me.

"Thanks." I smiled at Becca and Jenna. Thankful for their support. Trevor still didn't let it go.

"I mean, you're turning down funnel cake. You didn't eat any of EJ's birthday cake..." Trevor pressed.

I grabbed a fry and shoved it my mouth.

"Mmmm deep fried sugary goodness.." I talked and chewed, obnoxiously. "Happy?"

"Yes." Trevor smiled.

"No. Chew with your mouth closed. You know better." Cam replied.

They laughed at him. I gave him a dirty look.

"The older you get the more you look like dad. Now you're starting to sound like him." Before, any comparison to our dad would set him off.

Cam just gives me a smile. "Thanks."

After we eat, we still have a couple of hours till the fireworks, so we go to the midway area. We rode rides together. Everyone rotated on couple rides so I wasn't the loner on all of them. The system was working fine till the 4 person quad jump. Cam offered to not go, but I refused.

When they left, I tried my luck on some games. On the basketball hop, I spent $10, but I made the shot and won an oversized Mavericks plush ball. The guy running the game was nice enough to take my picture with it. I post it on Facebook immediately with the caption:


ALL I DO IS WIN! WIN! WIN! NO MATTER WHAT!


When I join back up with them, Trevor looks at my ball in disbelief.

"Where did you get that from?"

"I won it!" I said, dancing around with it arrogantly. "While you were riding rides, I was putting in work son!"

He laughed at me. "Let's go. I want one too."

I lead him to the same game. The guy remembered me and confirmed I made the shot. Trevor spends $20 before he gives up. Cam doesn't even try. He believes the games are a waste of money. Trevor does win a dart throwing game. He wins a little stuffed turtle. I snickered at it when he gives it to Becca.

"Shut up Lily." Trevor said.

I laughed. "I didn't say anything. Besides, size doesn't matter, right Becca?"

We all laughed at that.

We walked back to the open area to get ready to watch the fireworks. I made a big production out of finding a place for my big ball and sat on it.

"A little competitive Lily?" Jenna grinned at me. She sat on the grass in between Cam's legs with his arms wrapped around her. Awww. That's true love. Cause it's way too hot and sticky for me to be that close to anyone.

"Not at all. I'm just the best at everything!"

"You weren't the best at laser tag at EJ's birthday." Trevor murmured, sitting on the ground between me and Becca.

"Shut up Trevor! You were using kids as shields!" I accused him.

"So? All's fair in love and war." Trevor shrugged.

"It was EJ's 7th birthday. It was 7 and 8 year olds." I smiled.

"Never too young to learn the rules of life." Trevor said, smiling too.

"Who is EJ?" Becca smiled.

The thought of how EJ came into our lives wiped the smile off everyone's face. I recovered first.

"My friend's son." I said simply.

Becca must have caught the change of mood, cause she didn't press for details.

Geez, that was awkward...

While waiting for the show to begin, I pulled out my phone just for the distraction. I see I have Facebook notifications.

I have a 18 likes on my new picture. And comments.

Jordan: Go girl!

Jake: Who did you steal that from?

Sammy: Yes! That will look awesome in our game room/den.

Ethan: How much did you spend to win it?

I chuckled to myself and responded.

Me: Don't worry bout how much I spent! @Ethan
Thanks @Jordan.
Why? Are you going to come arrest me? Ohh that's right, you can't :-P @Jake
And it's going in my trophy room/den @Sammy.

A few moments later, I get more responses.

Brandon: Oh snap! Got ya there @Jake #RentACopProblems

Jake: That's okay. I can make a citizen's arrest. After I pistol whip you a little first @Lily

Sammy: Lmao @Brandon
Ain't nobody scared of u @Jake

Ethan: Don't hog the games. Let the kids have fun @Lily

"I didn't invite you here so I can watch you play on your phone." Cam told me.

I flashed him an apologetic smile. "One sec."

I just respond to Ethan.

Me: You know me. Games are not for fun. They are for winning #Winning #Tiger'sBlood @Ethan

Ethan: lol Guess I'm gonna have to school you again in a shoot off like I did two years ago. @Lily

Me: Stop living in the past! 2 years was a looong time ago. If you hadn't noticed, things change. But feel free to try. @Ethan

Ethan: I see that. But I also know the more things change, the more they stay the same. Come ready Friday. @Lily

"Lily..." Trevor said, annoyed, over the sound of the airplane over us. I smiled, and wrote one more reply.

Me: Touche. And I stay ready!@Ethan

I then put my phone away to focus on the air show. The air show and fireworks were amazing. It was so much fun. Afterwards, we hung out at the after show before making our way back to the hotel. We hung out in my brother's hotel room until traffic died down and Trevor and Becca left. I retired to my room after that.

After breakfast this morning, Cam and Jenna follow me to my new apartment. They love it. I promise to check out their apartment soon. I hugged them both before we went our separate ways.

I give myself one final look over before leaving. I'm heading out to McKinney. Wish me luck guys!!!



Enjoy your 4th of July weekend everyone!



3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Happy 4th. Thank you for posting on a holiday. Lily & Ethan better both man up & let their feelings known. I will be sooo disappointed if not. Crossing my fingers.

Kan said...

Agree with pp
Thanks for posting!!! Excited & impatient to see what happens in the next post

Anonymous said...

Arggggg i wish your posts weren't real time, because then we would know what happened at the BBQ!!! ;)
I kind of want her to hook up with Trevor though, she's so jealous about Becca! I just want them to figure out if there could be something more there so she can be free to be with Ethan after that. ~luita